DO YOU HAVE MOLD GROWTH?
You Can Rest Knowing We're Certified In Testing & Remediation
Beware of Mold Remediation Scams
When you have mold in your home or crawlspace, the last thing you want to is having to pay for the clean up twice. If you hire the wrong company, you may quickly find yourself in this situation. Below is a list of things to look for as warning signs of a scam. These scams come from both large and small companies.
- Ask to see their certifications in mold remediation.
- Ask to see their business license.
- Ask to see their insurance and make sure they have a minimum $1,000,000 in pollution liability.
- Beware of companies that claim they can just fog a chemical that will kill it and everything will be ok.
- Beware of companies who tell you that if you encapsulate your crawlspace, you don't have to worry about the mold growth already that has already formed.
Proper Mold Remediation
The two most important steps in mold remediation:
- Fix the moisture issues
- Remove as much of the source as possible
Sadly, many mold companies are not doing these two vital steps.
Be sure who you hire follows the IICRC S520 Standard for Professional Mold Remediation